St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.com
This position performs nursing functions, providing patient care in an outpatient clinic setting. Assists staff and physicians
to ensure quality patient care.
- Work with physicians or other patient care providers to coordinate flow of patients.
- Perform department core and job specific clinical competencies. Demonstrate competencies in performing patient care
- Demonstrate appropriate developmental approach with patient/family.
- Demonstrate skill in patient assessment and documentation.
- Prepare for office procedures. Assist physicians in providing care for patients. Administer medications.
- Assist with patient/family education. Give instructions to patient/family as directed.
- Maintain patient documentation according to clinic protocol. Document and report test results.
- Assist with follow up of patient's medical conditions and test results.
- Collect and run lab tests. Prepare and send specimens to lab.
- Incorporate principals of safety in all clinical operations. Demonstrates safe use of equipment related to patient care.
Maintain infection control measures with all patient contact.
- Demonstrate compliance with all regulatory requirements.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Completion of an approved course of Nursing study, required
- Valid license as a Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required