CT / Diagnostic Tech – STAFF 233546058031 CT Scan 58031
Performs general radiography and/or CAT Scans of the chest/thorax, abdomen, spine/pelvis, extremities, cranium, fluoroscopy, surgery mobile and pediatric exams. Completes post processing in a timely manner.
Performs CTA’s with post processing.
Performs scans of trauma patients in a timely and efficient manner.
Associate may work in situations where they are required to handle medications during the distribution or administration process. They may have access to secured drug storage areas.
Demonstrates expertise in minimizing radiation exposure to the patients, self and axillary staff.
Maintains high quality and image production in scanning.
Participates in departmental and modality meetings.
Assists in orientation and training of new associates and students.Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.comDescription
Performs computed tomographic and magnetic resonance imaging procedures to aid physicians in the diagnosis of disease. Processes exposed films via laser printer, critiques images, transports patients, cleans equipment and performs related clerical duties as required. Performs duties of radiologic technologists as required.
- Performs CT/MRI procedures to aid physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of disease; lifts and positions patients, operates equipment, and administers contrast media.
- Monitors patient condition during procedure and notifies physician of abnormalities; assists with first aid and CPR as necessary.
- Demonstrates proper filming procedure and critiques films to ensure accuracy and clarity for physician interpretation; helps to maintain laser printer and automatic processor.
- Provides staff and patient protection in accordance with prescribed radiation safety standards.
- Demonstrates proper infection control practices.
- Maintains orderliness and cleanliness of work area; cleans CT and ancillary equipment. Assists with QA/QC activities.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of an approved radiological training program and the ability to meet the requirements for registry by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), required
- Current license/certification in the state of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred