Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the PSR assists patients in person and via the phone by making appointments, collecting and entering demographic and insurance information into the electronic system accurately, collecting money and directing calls to appropriate clinic personnel. In addition, this position is responsible for preparing, maintaining, and facilitating access to patient medical records for the purposes of patient care. Job roles and responsibilities emphasize a patient-centered, team-based approach to care and support each team being trained to the highest level of function by the state law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
General Reception and Registration Functions
- Positively represents St Vincent Healthcare at all times. Greets the patient, answers the telephone, communicates general practice information to patients and family members using provided customer service techniques and organizational scripting. Provides patients with appropriate paperwork and assists patients in the completion of the documents as needed.
- Gathers accurate information by interviewing patients, verifying insurance coverage, recording information using registration software, and obtaining signatures for each patient encounter.
- Confidently collects co-payments, past due balances and payments at time of service
- Handles cash and other payments per established cash control systems established by the organization
- Utilizing provider protocols, schedules appointments, referrals and diagnostic tests, and maintains updates and distributes schedule
- Reviews and corrects claims that are assigned via electronic work queue in a timely fashion
- Compiles, processes and maintains records to appropriately scan to patient chart. Performs quality assurance functions on electronic files
- Pulls and prepares charts for visits, telephone calls, and per staff request, prioritizing based on
urgency of request Qualifications
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 1 year previous experience in the hospitality or service industry is preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including Microsoft Word as well as the ability to learn new applications relevant to the position