Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Nurse Case Manager provides occupational health case management and coordinates with physicians, other health team members, insurance adjusters, employers, and patients to expedite medically appropriate, cost-effective care, promote quality through evidence-based practice guidelines, and facilitate an early return to work when possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Care Coordination
- Works with physicians and other providers to develop a plan of care for patients with complex problems and injuries.
- Identifies obstacles to efficiency and goal outcomes and intervenes to overcome or eliminate these when possible.
- Participates in clinical case reviews and quality improvement efforts
- Continuously assesses, develops, and implements discharge plans in collaboration with providers, employers, and insurance adjustors, communicates and involves patient/family in discharge planning and coordinates finalization of all discharge related recommendations for selected cases.
- Provides back-up assistance for other OHS clinicians when needed to provide services to patients
Education and Advocacy
- Works with other OHS team members to provide workers with information and education regarding their injuries and treatments in order to maximize their opportunity to achieve optimal recoveries.
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families regarding access to health care resources.
- Negotiates with employers, insurance adjustors and other healthcare providers to obtain appropriate services for patients.
- Works with providers to identify appropriate internal/external resources for referral purposes.
- Current MT RN license.
- Current BLS certification
- Previous experience as a Case Manager or three years current experience in Occupational Health
- Knowledge of OSHA and MT worker’s compensation regulations and of employer/payer policies related to worker’s compensation
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position