In this position, the Nurse Case Manager provides occupational health case management and coordinates with physicians, other health team members, insurance adjusters, employers, and patients to expedite medically appropriate, cost-effective care, promote quality through evidence-based practice guidelines, and facilitate an early return to work when possible.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Clinical Care Coordination
- Works with physicians and other providers to develop a plan of care for patients with complex problems and injuries.
- Identifies obstacles to efficiency and goal outcomes and intervenes to overcome or eliminate these when possible.
- Participates in clinical case reviews and quality improvement efforts
- Continuously assesses, develops, and implements discharge plans in collaboration with providers, employers, and insurance adjustors, communicates and involves patient/family in discharge planning and coordinates finalization of all discharge related recommendations for selected cases.
- Provides back-up assistance for other OHS clinicians when needed to provide services to patients
Education and Advocacy
- Works with other OHS team members to provide workers with information and education regarding their injuries and treatments in order to maximize their opportunity to achieve optimal recoveries.
- Serves as a resource to patients and their families regarding access to health care resources.
- Negotiates with employers, insurance adjustors and other healthcare providers to obtain appropriate services for patients.
- Works with providers to identify appropriate internal/external resources for referral purposes.
- Current MT RN license.
- Current BLS certification
- Previous experience as a Case Manager or three years current experience in Occupational Health
- Knowledge of OSHA and MT worker’s compensation regulations and of employer/payer policies related to worker’s compensation
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare Clinics, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-SVPN-Industrial Med
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 6/5/2017 10:59:25 PM
Job Number: 17003817