Services & Expertise
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
Provides pre-operative psychological assessments for potential bariatric surgery candidates and determines the appropriateness of surgery from a mental health perspective.
Communicates appropriateness of surgery to the clinical multi-disciplinary team
2. Provides patients with pre-surgical mental health treatment plan.
3. Counsels and educates the patient, family and support system on lifestyle changes and goal setting pre and post-operatively.
4. Lead evening post-operative support groups. Completes all assessments in a timely manner into the patient�s medical record.
5. Consults with the bariatric surgeon to coordinate care plans for the patient. Provides and coordinates comprehensive mental health care.
6. Collaborate with the healthcare team to meet patient care outcome goals and program improvement. Provide education to staff and community as needed
7. Attends and participates in department meetings and participates in multidisciplinary groups as needed or requested.
8. Promotes mission, vision and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
10. May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
11. May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Education: Master's Degree in Social Work or related field required.
Certifications: Social Worker (LCSW)
Experience: Minimum two years of experience in providing individual and/or group therapy required. Preferred experience in bariatrics and/or eating disorders.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Excellent interviewing skills, organizational skills and verbal and written communication skills.
Experience with psychological assessments and evaluation.
Demonstrates clinical and ethical professionalism.