Platte Valley Medical Center is an excellent place to work with a proven success of hiring and retaining quality employees. In fact, the turnover rate among our associates is significantly lower than that of Denver metro area healthcare facilities. In 2015, Platte Valley’s overall turnover rate was 13.2% compared to a Denver Metro area healthcare turnover rate of 24.3%.
A Culture of Excellence and Care
Platte Valley Medical Center is proud of our Planetree Designation which represents the highest level of evidence based achievement in patient/person-centered care. All associates at Platte Valley commit to the Platte Valley Behavior Standards that help to sustain our culture of excellence. Platte Valley is Brighton’s third largest employer with 750 staff and we recognize and value that one of our greatest strengths continues to derive from the friendships and alliances found throughout the Hospital.
Platte Valley Medical Center (PVMC) promotes the science that tobacco use is harmful to health and does so by leading by example, encouraging abstinence, and sponsoring stop smoking education for the community. According to the Center for Disease Control, tobacco use is the nation’s leading killer and the single most preventable cause of disease, disability, and death in the United States. There is no safe way of using tobacco, and substances in tobacco and tobacco smoke may cause harm even at low levels of exposure. Tobacco, nicotine, and marijuana use by employees diminishes the hospital’s capacity to advocate for healthy living and sends a message counterproductive to the hospital’s mission and values.
If you have been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for the past 90 days, please continue to fill out your application. If you have not been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for the past 90 days, we are unable to accept your application at this time. We will be happy to accept your application in the future, once you have been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for 90 days. We reserve the right to do a nicotine and/or a marijuana test randomly or for cause.
Located at Platte Valley Medical Center, the Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is responsible for:
· Complete and accurate charging of all pharmacy items (inpatient and outpatient). Corrects any mistakes regardless of reason or result.
· Accurately restocks all patient service areas and Pyxis machines with all medication used according to the stocking list. Follows up on all exceptions to an appropriate end result.
· Performs monthly inventory to remove outdates from Pyxis machines and pharmacy. Handles return of outdates and overstock.
· Performs monthly checks for outdates on all Code Blue carts throughout the hospital.
· Maintains an adequate inventory for week-to-week use.
· Accurately receives all merchandise in a timely manner. Checks in merchandise, checks bid prices, stores inventory in correct place.
· Completes all purchase orders weekly and in a timely manner. Willingly performs pharmacy clerk functions in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Completes special assigned tasks in a timely manner and helps to complete tasks for the pharmacist as requested.
· Accurately completes the narcotic distribution process checking for outdates using established procedures and completing required documentation. Notifies a pharmacist of any issues relating to controlled substance accountability. Is able to demonstrate the appropriate use of the C-II safe as a super user.
Part time, Monday - Friday, evening Shift: 7:00p - 11:00p
A high school diploma or G.E.D. (students are an exception).
Must be a Certified Pharmacist Technician.
Highly prefer 6 months Inpatient Pharmacy Tech experience.
Prefer typing, computer (Microsoft Office), 10‑key, and inventory control skills.