Position Summary - Physician Assistant-Certified (PA-C) provides quality, primary healthcare services in accordance with State Law and SCL Health’s Healthcare standards. These services are provided in the endocrinology outpatient clinic at our Lutheran Campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SCL Health and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
- Represents SCL in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
Program Management (Site Specific)
- Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
Staff Supervision (Site Specific)
Care Site Description
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
- Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
SCL Physicians is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
Our physicians and medical staff provide medical expertise and person-centered care at 40+ locations.
- Denver (estab. 1998)
- SCL Physicans is a network of clinics and physician offices throughout the Denver metro area
Services & Expertise
- Primary & Acute Care
- Occupational Medicine & Physical Therapy
- Walk-in Care
- After-hours Urgent Care
- Specialty Care: Cardiac & Thoracic Surgery; Cardiology; Diabetes & Endocrine; Hematology & Oncology; Neurology; Neurosurgery; OB-GYN & Women's Care; Orthopedic Surgery; Plastic, Reconstructive & Aesthetic Surgery; Sports Medicine, Surgery, Urogynecology
This position may provide both primary and specialty medical services. Provides evaluation and direct patient care that promotes achievement/maintenance of optimal health. Participates as a member of the health care team and as directed by the medical staff to meet patient needs and provide continuity of care.
- Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
- Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
- As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
- Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Graduation from an AMA approved Physician Assistant program, required
- Current licensure to practice as a Physician's Assistant from the State, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Advanced Cardiopulmonary Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred