In this position, the Clinic Nurse provides nursing care to patients and is responsible for patient care coordination, telephone triage, scheduling of tests and procedures, ensuring results of tests are received, reviewed by physician and communicated to patients. The Clinic Nurse adheres to all applicable state and federal laws, TJC and Quality Performance Guidelines. The Clinic Nurse assists in team leading and supporting staff development in the clinic environment.
- Works directly with physicians/providers and clinic staff to ensure the provision of quality patient care. Adheres to physician/provider direction. Ensures the completion of the care continuum.
- Assesses patient needs, coordinates patient care, administers care and documents thoroughly.
- Provides patient education related to medications, disease process, tests, etc.
- Prepare exam or treatment room with the appropriate equipment before patient visits. Set up for all procedures. Assist the provider with exams, procedures and treatments as directed.
- Perform diagnostic tests in accordance with job specific competencies. Collect and process specimens. Nurse visits as per policy.
- Prepare, administer and document immunizations, injections, IV therapy and medications per policy. Maintain medication storage in accordance with clinic standards. Document prescribed interventions and responses. Verify that medical orders are accurate, properly authorized with no documented contraindications.
- Record and log oxygen tank monitoring, medication refrigerator temperatures and lab controls daily. Maintain sample medication management system in accordance with clinic standard.
- Track patient test results. Return calls for providers as directed. Perform telephone triage utilizing and clinic specific telephone triage protocol.
- Maintain exam and treatment rooms. Maintain inventory of supplies and equipment. Inspect exam and treatment rooms monthly for outdated medications and supplies.
- Wash, wrap and prepare equipment for sterilization.
- Develop and initiate plan to provide patient education and counseling according to the assessed individualized needs of the patient and as prescribed by the physician.
- Document accurately and timely. Communicate completion of assigned duties and patient responses. Complete assigned audits with results and action plan.
- Identifies obstacles to efficiency and goal outcomes and intervenes to overcome or eliminate these when possible
- Maintain clinic standards, procedures, protocols and guidelines. Maintain Joint commission recommendations. Apply principles of aseptic technique and infection control. Provide an environment conducive to safety and health.
- Perform office procedures including all general administrative duties as directed
- Prepares and instructs patients for scheduled tests and procedures and ensured the patient’s understanding.
- Demonstrates professionalism in interactions with patients, physicians, nursing, staff, and other patient care members and co-workers. Attends scheduled meetings and inservices.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current CO RN License
- BLS Certification
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: Lutheran Medical Center
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Posting: 8/18/2017 10:59:29 PM
Job Number: 17004019