Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
- Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
- 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
- 338 beds
Services & Expertise
- 5-Star Birthing Center
- Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
- Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Heart & Neurovascular
- Primary Stroke Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Center
- Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
Participates as an intern in providing professional pharmacy services in a hospital, clinic, or other health care setting under the immediate technical supervision of a licensed Pharmacist. The primary purpose of the work performed is to develop the intern's skills and knowledge in the field of pharmacy.
- Screens, compounds, labels, and dispenses drugs and other pharmaceuticals.
- Prepares drug solutions for oral, intramuscular, and intravenous administration.
- Takes drug histories and participates with physicians in the selection and monitoring of drug therapy for individual patients.
- Participates in the manufacture, prepackaging, storage, and distribution of drugs and pharmaceuticals.
- Performs detailed record-keeping activities and compiles summary reports of drug use, drug costs, inventory balances, and related pharmacy activities.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of pre-pharmacy education and at least 30 semester hours of credit from an accredited College of Pharmacy, required
- Registered as an Intern Pharmacist in the State of practice, required