This position builds on the essential functions of the RN. This position represents Administration and HRH after hours, and takes appropriate action to ensure that clinical excellence and customer service is provided for all HRH patients. The Administrative Supervisor is visible and shows a clear presence on the nursing units and all other departments. Supports staff by demonstrating an ability to accurately assess situations and reach sound workable solutions and provide clear communication with all. Proactively recognizes and responds to urgent and emergent patient care situations facilitating necessary support from interdisciplinary team members. Gathers appropriate information to assist in accurately providing staff for each unit. Provides a safe working environment for staff, identifies risks, promptly investigates problems and complaints, and takes action as appropriate. Supports, provides, clarifies, and ensures adherence to hospital policy.
Education, Experience, and Licensure/Certification Requirements: Requirements are representative of minimum level of knowledge, skills, and/or abilities.
1. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. BSN preferred.
2. Current MT RN licensure.
3. Current BLS certification.
4. Minimum 3 years recent acute care experience with at least 2 years leadership experience.
5. Able to communicate effectively w/other managers, staff members, providers, patients, family members and community.
6. At least one of the following certifications w/in 6 mos and kept current after that. ACLS, TNCC, NRP, PALS, or STABLE