This position is responsible for the design, development, production, and management of clinically sound, performance and role-based electronic medical record system training curriculum, including video, eLearning, and job aids, for Providers and Clinical Staff across SCL Health. This work is done in collaboration with Operational and System Services partners, and requires strong interpersonal skills, willingness to listen and learn, adaptability, and informal leadership ability.
- Identifies and documents cross-functional and/or cross-divisional functional training requirements, interprets workflow, information sources, and distribution paths, and system/process specifications.
- Designs and develops learning content using a variety of modalities
- Independently manages learning projects and works with partners to ensure project training deliverable meet business needs.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of systems, application platforms, and workflow of the assigned functional area required.
- Maintains or develops knowledge of Epic system functions and related system workflows.
- Sets and works to meet challenging goals that will improve performance of project team or organizational unit.
- Works collaboratively with clinical and non-clinical business partners across multiple SCLHS site locations. Interfaces regularly with Providers, Clinical Staff, Directors, Managers, Informatics, and Instructors from across the organization.
- Consistently monitors own work and seek further experiences to ensure continual quality customer service and delivery.
- Prioritizes project work independently to meet member/customer needs.
- Adheres to the course development process for new, revised, and redesigned courses and assures that courses adhere to instructional design and development standards.
- Develops and supports eSummit (Epic) training environments.
- Provides instructional design consultation to business partners. Works within project management application to document course development process data including time tracking, project comments, and task completion.
- Designs content for delivery in face-to-face and online delivery, and completes instructional design documentation to ensure quality and consistency.
- Seeks feedback from and collaborates with Informatics and Operational counterparts throughout content development and delivery processes.
- Maintains existing content for quality, currency, and consistency and works with Informatics and Operations to enhance courses.
- Conducts material walk-through and Train-the-Trainer support for any new material requiring face-to-face delivery.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience or 5 years additional relevant work experience, may substitute for a Bachelor's Degree, required.
- 8-13 years relevant experience. Relevant experience is defined as a minimum of 8 years of experience in instructional design and/or creating training programs using a variety of delivery methods (ILT, virtual and e-Learning strategy and systems), consulting with business partners or clients, and project management), required.
- Experience with adult learning principles, constructivism, facilitation, learner-centered activities, and information processing techniques, required.
- Proven ability to develop creative, flexible, innovative training courses and supporting documentation for adult learners in a clinical and/or business setting, required.
- Proven ability to identify strategies and tactics for success in technical training and documentation, required.
- Expert in documentation development techniques and demonstrated familiarity with Instructional Design and Courseware Development principles, required.
- Extensive experience in conducting needs analysis and operations applications functionality assessments, required.
- Possess an Epic Certification or the ability to obtain Epic Certification designation within 6 months of employment, required.
- Master's degree or applicable certification that matches the function or field applicable to the business discipline (e.g. ASTD Certified Instructional Designer, ISPI Certified Performance Analyst, or CEP Certified Instructional Designer), preferred.
- Learning Management System documentation and authoring tool experience, preferred.
- Articulate Global, Adobe Captivate, and /or Adobe Flash application experience, preferred.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-Learning Mgmt
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 8/9/2017 11:15:14 AM
Job Number: 17003670