Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Every other weekend and holiday requirements
The Registration Specialist is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate patient demographic, insurance (eligibility and/or verification), financial information to include: collections of copays/deductibles/outstanding balances and making payment plans as appropriate, for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients either face-to-face, by telephone, internet, etc.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing a patient friendly and pleasant registration process to assure that patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Resolves physician's office and patient issues and must be able to manage extreme patient volumes and uncooperative patients.
- Acts as liaison between departments to foster open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members.
- Responsible for adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS,HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
- All associates of SCL Health System are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and act in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
- Be in compliance with all SCL Health System policies.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes Qualifications
Requirements: Ability to type at least 45 adjusted words per minute. High School diploma/GED or equivalent, solid computer knowledge, demonstrated customer service and ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment. Willing to float to all areas of Patient Registration/Access. At least 1 year hospital/medical office patient scheduling and/or medical insurance experience strongly preferred to include medical terminology knowledge.