Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: www.goodsamaritancolorado.org/ Description
Endoscopy Tech - GI Lab
PRN - As Needed
This position will provide overall administrative and technical assistance and support in the operation of the assigned nursing unit; and will collaborate with other staff and leaders in the development, management and operation of the unit.
- Provide telephone coverage for unit; answer calls promptly and courteously; receive and distribute messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to assigned unit; pick up and distribute daily mail; maintain bulletin boards; post memos/schedules/communications in established locations.
- Coordinate and monitor patient charge card and cart rotation system; communicate any recommended changes in inventory levels and/or problems as necessary.
- File materials as requested in patient charts (e.g. care plans, lab reports, etc.); thin charts according to established time frames and procedures.
- Maintain adequate supply of office supplies to ensure efficient, cost effective, systematic operation of department; order supplies as necessary, within established limitations, and according to established guidelines.
- Monitor elevators on floors; ensure no unauthorized/unescorted resident use occurs; notify supervisor for intervention as needed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner according to the approved nursing station organization chart.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- One year of related clerical experience, required
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of word processing and data entry systems, required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, required
- Strong customer service skills, required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
- One year of related experience in a health care facility, preferred