Care Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
- 9 hospitals
- 4 safety net clinics
- 1 children's mental health treatment center
- 190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients. Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The Data Analytics Specialist position is part of the Human Resources team and will provide insight and decision support through analysis of large and disparate data sets. Analysis will include quantitative and qualitative, transactional / efficiency and human capital metrics. Technical and creative skills needed to pull data sets from varying systems, comparing and trending data, displaying / reporting data for easy understanding and consumption by all levels. Multiple human resource functions to support; talent acquisition, compensation, workforce planning, etc.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative business analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand the story
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our business decisions
- The Data Analytics role has work across the following three areas:
- talent acquisition
- workforce planning
+ Data Infrastructure
- Building key data sets to empower operational and exploratory analysis
- Automating analyses
- Monitoring key metrics and understanding root causes of changes in metrics
- Building and analyzing dashboards and reports
+ Exploratory Analysis
- Proposing areas of focus based on metrics
- Identifying levers to help move key metrics
- Evaluating and defining metrics
- Opportunity to become proficient in all systems and processes such as Lawson manager and employee self-service, Taleo recruitment, interfaces, etc.
+ Presentation / Leadership
- Educating teams through presentation of work
- Communicating state of business,
- Spreading and educating on best practices of analytics
- Researching and presenting contemporary practices in analytics, dashboards, ‘Big Data’
- Experience doing quantitative and qualitative analysis.
- BA/BS degree.
- Advanced degrees preferred.
- Fluency in SQL or other programming languages is a plus
- Ability to initiate and drive projects to completion with minimal guidance
- The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis
- Preferred experience Lawson, Taleo, Kronos, HealthStream
- Preferred experience in Human Resources
- Preferred LEAN or process improvement experience or certification
- Experience with large data sets
- Ability to work in a fast paced, complex organization and meet deadlines.