In this position, the Occupational Therapist provides assessment, treatment and education in the areas of independent living, community reintegration, functional cognitive retraining, upper extremity function, perceptual activities and assistive equipment and splinting/positioning mechanics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patients, schedules and establishes appropriate treatment goals and delivers skilled physical assessments and treatments effectively.
- Delegates/supervises effectively within scope of authority to students, assistants and technicians.
- Reassesses patient progress, revises treatment plan and modifies goals when appropriate.
- Discharges patient when therapy services are no longer needed or beneficial.
Environment of Care
- Assists in orientation and training of new personnel using orientation checklist and department Policy and Procedures on MCN.
- Contributes to maintaining all requirements needed for TJC/CARF accreditation and for successful state surveys.
- Documents assessments, discharge summaries, IPOC and all daily treatments.
- Designs, explains and provides copy of discharge treatment and activity plan to patient, family, or caregiver.
- Document, enters charges on charge sheet and reconciles charges daily before being entered by clerk.
- Current MT Occupational Therapist license
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-OP Thrpy 1-OP rehab clinic
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 5/16/2017 11:02:43 PM
Job Number: 17003328