We are accepting new grad OT's for this position!! Generous relocation/sign on bonus up to $6000.00 plus $7200 in Tuition Repayment!! Come join a great team in the beautiful state of Montana!
Care Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Occupational Therapist provides assessment, treatment and education in the areas of independent living, community reintegration, functional cognitive retraining, upper extremity function, perceptual activities and assistive equipment and splinting/positioning mechanics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patients, schedules and establishes appropriate treatment goals and delivers skilled physical assessments and treatments effectively.
- Delegates/supervises effectively within scope of authority to students, assistants and technicians.
- Reassesses patient progress, revises treatment plan and modifies goals when appropriate.
- Discharges patient when therapy services are no longer needed or beneficial.
Environment of Care
- Assists in orientation and training of new personnel using orientation checklist and department Policy and Procedures on MCN.
- Contributes to maintaining all requirements needed for TJC/CARF accreditation and for successful state surveys.
- Documents assessments, discharge summaries, IPOC and all daily treatments.
- Designs, explains and provides copy of discharge treatment and activity plan to patient, family, or caregiver.
- Document, enters charges on charge sheet and reconciles charges daily before being entered by clerk.
- Current MT Occupational Therapist license
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position