Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Lab/Rad Tech performs laboratory and radiographic procedures in order to obtain desired results according to physicains specifications and also assists other clinical staff in the delivery of patient care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects and operates equipment, including film cassettes and markers, while selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Assists physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque medium holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required
- Performs phlebotomy tasks, collects and logs specimens, assists in the coordination of lab result reporting processes and performs quality control checks
- Greets, escorts, and prepares patients for exams and procedures.
- Performs and records vital signs and patient history information to include chief complaint, allergies, and current medications.
- Maintains exam rooms and consistently replenishes patient care supplies
- Graduate of AMA accredited Rad Tech program
- ARRT registered or registry eligible
- Must possess a Montana State License to perform radiologic examinations
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within three months of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare Clinics, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB PSO-SVPN-Mountain View MC Clinic
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 5/16/2017 1:40:15 PM
Job Number: 17003654