Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/ Description
Plans and manages the administrative activities of the residency training program. Responsible for the overall day-to-day operations of the residency program.
- Counsels residents about program policies and procedures. Coordinates events such as educational forums, orientation of new residents and social events. Produces resident manuals and rotation schedules
- Provides administrative support for Program Director, Associate Program Director, Faculty and Residents. Prepares Program Letters of Agreement with participating institutions / providers and ensures that appropriate documents and agreements are in place for elective rotations.
- Coordinates away rotations for residents with outside “receiving” hospitals. This includes documentation needed for regulatory and accreditation purposes, mentioned above.
- Assists the Program Director to monitor and ensure compliance with ACGME/RRC rules and regulations. Works with Program Director to prepare for ACGME site visits to maintain residency program accreditation. Completes annual ACGME and GME Program reports.
- Maintains and updates the GME Track and National GME Census and residency board tracking program. Completes biannual Milestone competency reports, and participates in the Annual Program Evaluation.
- Implements and manages the resident recruitment process each year from September through Match Day. Reviews resident candidate applications to meet initial criteria. Develops applicant interview schedules. Manages ERAS database for program.
- Trains, manages and directs the duties of office staff within the program (if applicable). Manages KRONOS payroll reporting and personnel files.
- Coordinates on-boarding and orientation of new residents each year. Schedules department orientation and develops orientation manual. Monitors licensing and certification for all residents and program faculty.
- Develops, manages and oversees the annual budget for the program. Processes and reconciles departmental expenses.
- Manages employment contracts for faculty and residents.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
Required: Associate’s Degree or relevant job experience
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Required: Three (3) years’ experience in a healthcare or educational setting including executive support
Preferred: Previous experience in a graduate medical education, compliance or regulatory requirements.