Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Lutheran Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, CO (estab. 1905)
- Community-based, acute care hospital, Level III Trauma Center
- 2,100 associates, 900 physicians, 600 volunteers
- 338 beds
Services & Expertise
- 5-Star Birthing Center
- Breast Care Center (NAPBC accredited)
- Bridges Integrative Health & Wellness
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Heart & Neurovascular
- Primary Stroke Center
- Robotic Surgery
- Senior ER, Behavioral Health & Surgery
- Sleep Center
- Spine Center
- Women & Family Center
Kudos: Lutheran is recognized for quality, safety & patient experience by Truven, the Joint Commission & more!
MRI Technologist III will, in collaboration with the team lead, practice and promote The Best in the Nation Service Behaviors, Strategies and Priorities. Operates a magnetic resonance scanner to obtain images used by physicians in the diagnosis and treatments of pathologies. Requires thorough knowledge and understanding of the principals and physics of magnetic resonance imaging. Selects appropriate imaging techniques and protocols to complete the exam. Receives patients, explains method of examination, and positions patient, performs IV puncture, and administers IV contrast agent when indicated. Independently performs and completes routine examinations. Meet the needs of the patient, family and multi-disciplinary team through effective communication, coordination and documentation ensuring safety, care, courtesy and efficiency. Acts as MR Lead in the Lead’s absence. Actively participates in quality initiatives to ensure the highest level of patient satisfaction, highest level of patient care and workflow efficiencies.Qualifications
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Graduate of an accredited American Registry of Radiologic Technology Program and registered by the ARRT (R) (MR)
- Previous MR experience
- American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (R)
- Exempla approved Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required.
- MRI registry within one year of hire. ARRT (MR).
- Knowledge of cross-sectional anatomy
- Thorough understanding of MR concepts and MR Physics.
American Registry of Radiologic Technology ARRT (R) (MR).