Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/ Description
This position provides perioperative assistance to the anesthesia provider and operating room team.
- Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System
- Establishes priorities in organizing perioperative care based on anesthesia type and needs of the patient and health care team.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all types of anesthesia.
- Implements anesthesia providers preferences based on anesthetic type.
- Demonstrates operational knowledge of anesthesia equipment and instrumentation.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of the patient.
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Graduate of an ASATT approved two-year course of Anesthesia Technician study, preferred
- Certification as a Certified Anesthesia Technician (Cer.A.T.) or Certified Anesthesia Technologist (Cer.A.T.T.), preferred
- Two (2) years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Surgery 1
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 5/15/2017 3:31:56 AM
Job Number: 17003426