· Maintains established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
· Orders and stocks supplies, cleans rooms, and equipment to maintain work environment.
· Competent with all equipment related to patient care including the CT scanner, patient monitors, and all patient records management systems.
· Prepares exam room communicates with patient, obtains informed consent, and requests an accurate clinical history as necessary for the exam.
· Reviews patient history and determines proper selection of protocols.
· Performs a variety of CT procedures with minimal guidance.
· Enhances professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings, and workshops.
· Attends meetings as required.
· Monitors equipment reliability and safety.
· Communicates effectively with patients, families, healthcare team members, and physicians both in-person and via telephone.
· Actively participates in quality initiatives, including patient satisfaction, patient care, and workflow.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and interdepartmentally to facilitate that department’s ability to meet its goals and objective.
· Reviews and evaluates completed tests for quality, completeness, and type of test ordered; ensures quality images.
· Coordinates the preparation of films/exams and needed documentation for physician partners.
· Requests and orders supplies as necessary to keep materials on hand at all times.
· Actively participates in problem solving and empowered to expedite decisions relating to patient safety, care and service
· Establishes a positive and professional working environment for staff and physicians in the department
· Start IV’s, perform IV contrast injections, and monitor patients receiving an injection per hospital policy.
· Transports patients as needed.
· Coordinates care with other departments to promote the highest level of patient care and satisfaction
· Monitors employee productivity with charting and maintains employee documentation
· Is able to adjust care given based on changing volume, acuity, cases, census, and department needs without jeopardizing patient safety or satisfaction
· Communicates effectively with the oncoming shift in regard to work completed and work left to be done
· Promotes patient safety and prioritizes daily operations accordingly
· Is open to new ideas and changing polices
· Knows when to seek help, consultation and guidance from lead
· Contributes to containing healthcare costs by effectively utilizing supply management techniques and protocols, identifying practice protocols with the highest level of patient safety and lowest cost, identifies alternative processes that enhances patient care and satisfaction
· Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
ARRT (R) registration is required
1 year diagnostic experience required
Thorough knowledge of radiation safety
approved Basic Cardiac Life Support certification required
CT registry within one year of hire