Provides primary outpatient health care following the established protocols including but not limited to: conducting daily outpatient clinic; establishing patient history through interview; establishes diagnostic impression; manages chronic health problems; initiates arrangements for treatment. Makes decisions concerning medical care and the needs of the patient, as well as decisions regarding special needs following established protocols.
history and physical exams and prescribing therapy; managing acute, chronic, and
preventive care; and referring for hospital and specialty services. These services
are provided under a supervising physician.
team meetings, provider meetings, and All-Staff meetings. Attends additional
meetings as assigned by the Medical Director, including but not limited to: P&T,
Quality, Collaborative and JCAHO committees.
assists in provider coverage for unanticipated leave.
· Adheres to the infection control policies and procedures.
· Provides or supervises patient information and education.
· Ensures appropriate documentation and maintenance of medical records.
· Serves in a teaching capacity in the training and development of other health care personnel.
· At least one (1) year experience as a Nurse practitioner in primary care setting.
· Current Colorado license required.
· ACLS certification preferred; BLS required
· Bilingual preferred in Spanish and English.