Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Holy Rosary Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.Fast Facts
Services & Expertise
- Miles City, Mont. (estab. 1910)
- Region’s largest integrated healthcare provider & private employer
- 500 associates, volunteers & medical staff members
- 25-bed acute care critical access hospital, physician clinics & senior living
- Family Health & Wellness
- Women’s Health
- Imaging & Ancillary Services
- Therapy Services
- Senior Living
- Surgery & Emergency Center
Holy Rosary Healthcare is eastern Montana’s healthcare destination providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People through the communities we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Visit: www.holyrosaryhealthcare.org Description
Provides clinical services as a nurse anesthetist and administers various types of anesthesia, provides therapeutic and diagnostic procedures, and airway management of patients undergoing surgical, OB, diagnostic or therapeutic procedures and airway management for any critical care or Emergency Room patient
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the management of nurse anesthesia services in collaboration with departments of anesthesia, surgery, OB, and nursing administration
Assumes responsibility for safe and proper operation and quality control of equipment, techniques, and procedures; and analyzes and evaluates activities to assure established quality patient care
Administers anesthetics and monitors patients in the operating room and OB/GYN patients to include unexpected and planned deliveries, epidural and anesthesia monitoring
Participates in the pre-operative assessment, formulation and implementation of the anesthetic plan, and initiation of the post-operative pain regimen.
Follows hospital policy on security of controlled substances and medication guidelines to include Omni-cell, barcode administration, Alaris Pump and epidural pump compliance.
Checks the readiness, availability, cleanliness, and working condition of all equipment to be utilized in the administration of the anesthesia care.
Takes appropriate precautions to minimize the risk of infection to the patient, the Nurse Anesthetist, and other healthcare providers.
Adheres to appropriate safety precautions, as established within the institution, to minimize the risk of fire, explosion, electrical shock and equipment malfunction.
Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
Performs other duties as assigned pertinent to the role of CRNA. Qualifications
- Graduate of a Nurse Anesthesia Educational Program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor.
CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE
(*indicates primary source verification requirement)
- Must hold a current unencumbered state licensure as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN-Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist CRNA) in the state of Montana
- Current certification as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists which also must be maintained.
- Must have and maintain BLS
- Must have and maintain ACLS, PALS, and NRP Certification within 12 months of hire
- Practices within the Scope of Practice as outlined by The Montana Board of Nursing and the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Must maintain CEU and participate in peer chart review per applicable
- accreditation guidelines.
DEPARTMENT-SPECIFIC CERTIFICATION, REGISTRATION, LICENSE
- ACLS, PALS and NRP Certifications within 12 months of hire
- Experience working in Critical Care Units, Operating and Recovery Rooms
- Knowledgeable and experience with the nursing process and its application, including the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care.
- Knowledgeable and experience with anesthesia equipment and monitoring according to established guidelines.
- Minimum of at least 1 year CRNA experience preferred
- Working knowledge of Electronic Medical Record Systems
- Knowledgeable regarding anesthesia equipment and monitoring according to established guidelines.
- 1 year experience as a CRNA
- Working knowledge of anesthesia electronic medical record systems