Lutheran Medical Center's newly renovated Emergency Department is located on the most western side of the metro area. We are a Level 3 Trauma Center that includes an accredited chest pain center, primary stroke center, Senior ER, 24/7 orthopedic surgeons and state-of-the-art technology.
Total of 50 individual patient treatment rooms universally designed for rapid, high-quality care and privacy. The size and layout of each patient room will better accommodate the caregivers, specialized equipment and appropriate number of family members.
A dedicated Fast Track area will be located closer to the walk-in entrance, allowing patients with less serious conditions to be served faster without impacting space availability for more acute or critical care patients.
A specially designed area intended for Behavioral Health patients, with individual rooms and dedicated nurses’ station, allowing for a more private and secure care environment.
Updated technology-based services readily available in all patient treatment rooms for nursing staff.
Associates use the EPIC EMR System.
Care Site DescriptionDescription
We are currently offering $10,000 Sign On Bonus!
Relocation assistance is also available.
Full Time Nights
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing required within 5 years of hire
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in Colorado or compact state, required
- Possess a current BLS, ACLS and TNCC, required
- PALS and ENPC required within 6 months of hire
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of ED RN