Surgical procedures are a top specialty at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver. Consistently ranked as one of the top hospitals in the country for general surgery, Saint Joseph Hospital is among the top healthcare providers in the nation when it comes to safety, reduced risk of complications and clinical outcomes.
Surgical Specialties - (10 and 12 hour shifts available) for CVOR; we have created an elite CVOR program for the community and are seeking an elite quality of staff members to uphold the CVOR certification.
Saint Joseph Hospital is a regional leader in:
Care Site Description
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Surgical weight loss procedures
- Breast surgery
- Spine surgery
- Orthopedic and joint replacement surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position assists the surgical team by acting as the primary scrub person in CVOR for who handles the instruments, supplies and equipment during surgical procedures. Maintains constant vigilance for the maintenance of the sterile field.
- Checks supplies/instrumentation and equipment needed for surgical procedures and ensures they are working properly.
- Opens sterile supplies and sets up the table for each surgical procedure.
- Provides a sterile field for surgical procedures. Ensures that the members of the surgical team are properly attired and assists the surgeon with draping the patient to isolate the operative site.
- Assists in the maintenance of the sterile field by applying principles of aseptic techniques and informing the surgeon/surgical team of infractions.
- Passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon.
- Counts sponges and sharps with the RN prior to the surgery and before the incision is closed.
- Cleans and prepares the instruments for sterilization.
- Assists in the maintenance of specialty surgical services.
- Prepares the sterile dressing for the patient’s incision.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of an accredited Operating Room/Surgical Tech program, required
- Current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Two years of surgical tech experience, CVOR strongly preferred