Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
This position works with patient accounts for payers needing resolution for collections of payment and or other alternatives.
- Responsible for working a daily report of patient accounts needing resolution for discount adjustments, copays, deductibles, transfers to other payers for appropriate payments, refunds, resubmissions or rebilling of claims.
- Identifying and following up on patient accounts in an appropriate manner to achieve maximum collections on a timely basis.
- Process incoming correspondence on a daily basis by means of following up on requests for expedition of outstanding claims.
- Document and/or appropriately file in the computer system all correspondence and or action taken on an account and follow up in accordance to procedures and policies with an overall goal of account resolution.
Located in Broomfield, CO.Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of six months experience performing customer service duties in the retail, service or medical industry, required
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team, required
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relavant to the position, required
- Knowledge of medical insurance billing/collections software, preferred