Attention Physical Therapists - we are accepting new grads for this position!!
Generous sign on bonus of $10,000 plus up to $15,000 in tuition loan repayment!! *Some restrictions apply
Come join the great team at St. Vincent Healthcare in beautiful Billings, Montana!
In this acute rehab setting, the Physical Therapist assists in the rehab treatment of physical dysfunction or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise, functional activities, gait training and the application of modalities with the purpose of restoring or facilitating normal function or development in the patient.
SCL Health - St. Vincent Healthcare - Billings, MT
This Level II Trauma Center is stroke certified and has a joint replacement center. They have newly remodeled ortho, neuro, oncology, and ICU departments. This rehab department treats approximately 60 - 100 patients per day. This acute rehab team of 20 are made up of Occupational Therapists, Physical Therapists, Speech Pathologists, and Technicians. They rehabilitate all types of patients from ICU to cardiac, neurological, neurosurgical, orthopedics both elective and traumatic, general med/surgical patients and pediatrics.
Physical Therapist - Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patients, schedules and establishes appropriate rehabilitation and therapy treatment goals and delivers skilled physical assessments and treatments effectively and efficiently.
- Delegates/supervises effectively within scope of authority to therapy students, rehab assistants and pt technicians.
- Reassesses patient progress, revises treatment plan and modifies goals when appropriate.
- Discharges patient when therapy services are no longer needed or beneficial.
Environment of Care - Acute Rehab Setting
- Assists in orientation and training of new personnel using orientation checklist and department Policy and Procedures..
- Contributes to maintaining all requirements needed for TJC/CARF accreditation and for successful state surveys.
Physical Therapist Documentation/Correspondence
- Documents assessments, discharge summaries, IPOC, all daily treatments and unit specific requirements.
- Designs, explains and provides copy of discharge exercise and activity plan to patient, family, or caregiver.
- Documents, enters charges on charge sheet, time on 3 hour log and reconciles charges daily.