Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
This position coordinates and supports the activities of the Physical Therapy West Clinic. This position requires the ability to manage multiple tasks and provide both secretarial and clinical support to the department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Follows instructions to accurately operate standard office machines and equipment such as telephone, copier, calculators, electric typewriters, personal computers, facsimile machines and dictation/transcription equipment.
- Performs basic troubleshooting steps and calls for maintenance as needed.
- Request forms and monitors outcome.
- Demonstrates ability to open, review, prioritize, and distribute all interoffice and external mail and faxes.
- Takes the initiative to respond to routine correspondence when appropriate.
- Maintains display of educational materials for patients.
- Performs routine department clean up including reception area, gym, treatment rooms, changing areas, and pool room.
- Monitors contaminated and “Red Bagged” receptacles, empties as needed, calls for pick-up and disposal when appropriate.
- Greets patients, visitors and staff in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Ensures that the reception area is staffed at all times.
- Answers telephones, screens and routes calls to appropriate person.
- Utilizes scheduling system to set up initial appointments and return appointments ensuring accuracy.
- Utilizes the IDX scheduling system to effectively schedule patients.
- Collaborates with other staff to ensure coverage of reception desk.
- Accurately arranges and coordinates meetings, as well as scheduling patients.
- Obtains signed consent, physician prescriptions, and insurance information.
- Registers patients by obtaining the necessary information and accurately enters it into the computer system.
- Collects co-payments and fees when appropriate.
- Establishes, maintains and revises accurate record keeping.
- Develops easy to access filing system.
- Prepares medical record for therapist review.
- Follows up on projects, phone calls, and correspondence in a timely manner.
- Accurately transcribes, types, proofs, collates and distributes dictation for the therapist.
- Applies knowledge of medical terminology, anatomy, and physiology, grammar, spelling and punctuation to transcribe and proofread medical dictation.
- Recognizes inaccuracies in dictation and clarifies, edits and revises as appropriate.
- Utilizes the computers and software applications effectively, efficiently, and skillfully to enhance job performance.
- Accurately types correspondence, reports, invoices, forms etc. as requested by director and therapist.
- Demonstrates understanding of software applications essential to performance of job duties.
- Effectively organizes and prioritizes workload to comply with deadlines established.
- Prepares charge tickets and acquires all therapist charge information each day and accurately inputs into the computer system.
- Takes an active role in the compliance program to monitor accuracy of entering charges, and makes recommendations for appropriate changes in processes to improve compliance.
- Collects all productivity data and enters into excel report daily.
- Works with coders and billers to supply all needed additional information to facilitate optimal reimbursement dollars.
- Greets, escorts, and prepares patients for evaluations and treatments.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Assists therapist as directed in implementing treatment programs according to the patient’s age, plan of care, and functional goals.
- Consistently identifies self and explains activities to the patient.
- Gives the supervising therapist written or verbal feedback on patient progress, response to treatment, and treatment length.
- Obtains and prepares correct supplies and equipment for therapy activities and procedures and cleans up at end of session.
- Performs pool maintenance and chemical checks on a daily basis.
- Demonstrated ability to accurately transcribe dictation. Type’s minimum of 60 WPM with 95% accuracy. Knowledge and correct utilization of grammar, spelling and punctuation. Knowledge of medical terminology and word processing systems.
- Current BLS certification, or successful completion within 3 months of hire.
- Successful completion of medical terminology course within 1 year of hire.
- Knowledge of computer software programs (Microsoft Office)and Database Systems
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-OP Thrpy 1-OP rehab clinic
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 4/20/2017 10:59:51 PM
Job Number: 17002602