Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Clinical Trauma Services - RN Nurse Manager
Part Time Days (8 hour shifts)
Every Wednesday and 1 day every weekend, preferably Saturdays
Review requests for authorization and monitor care during authorized periods of stay for levels of care. Reviews patients' medical charts to ascertain the medical necessity for services and the appropriateness of level of care.
- Conduct on-site review of medical records at clinical facilities according to organization standards.
- Maintain frequent telephone contact with clinical service providers to perform defined duties and facilitate communication between the organization and the provider.
- Document UR/case management activities such as precertifications, concurrent and retrospective reviews.
- Consult regularly with other organization staff to review treatment plans when level of clinical care requires further clarification.
- Maintain a tracking system and clear, concise records for monitoring and reviewing cases.
- Prepare documentation/case synopsis upon closure of cases as required by clients.
- Provide phone crisis intervention services and precertification evaluations for inpatient hospitalization and other levels of care.
- Provide consultation and training to providers regarding authorization procedures and utilization review for a specific course or nature of treatment.
- Contribute to policy review and procedure development and evaluation.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- RN license in state of CO, required
- Bachelor’s of Nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- Three (3) years of RN experience in a hospital setting, required
- Case management or Social Work experience in a hospital setting is highly preferred