The Shift Specialty Coordinator position is similar to a Charge position with added responsibilities. It has responsibility for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
- Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
- Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
- Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
- Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associates in Nursing, required
- Bachelor's in Nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Three years of RN experience in an acute hospital setting, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Some supervisory/charge experience, highly desired
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Shift: Night Shift
Job Posting: 4/18/2017 11:02:48 PM
Job Number: 17002760