Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/ Description
This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
- Supervise direct patient care delivery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
- Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Bachelor's of Nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Three years of RN experience in an acute hospital setting, required
- One year previous management experience, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Patient Care Services
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Night Shift
Job Posting: 5/19/2017 11:01:07 PM
Job Number: 17002792