This position works under moderate supervision to perform routine awake and sleep EEGs.
- Reads physician's electroencephalograph test requisition to determine which of a number of standards tests are to be performed; explains to patient the need for the examination and procedure involved in an effort to reduce or overcome possible anxiety or reluctance to cooperate.
- Determines locations to place electrodes on patient's head; marks locations on patient's head. Attaches electrodes to marked locations on patient's head; ensures that electrode leads are connected correctly; calibrates all electroencephalograph recording channels in accordance with standard procedure.
- Operates electroencephalograph equipment in accordance with training, experience, and standard procedure to produce tracings for analysis by a physician.
- Observes patient for undesired activity such as blinking of the eves or leg movement which may produce artifacts on the tracing and notates such activity on the tracing.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Completion of specialized vocational training in electroencephalography or related medical training, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit experience preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 4/12/2017 3:28:48 AM
Job Number: 17002584