Epilepsy Monitoring Unit. Part time .5 status. Benefit eligible. Flexibility for all shifts is ideal 700-1500, 1500-2300, 2300-700. Mon-SunCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/ Description
This position works under moderate supervision to perform routine awake and sleep EEGs.
- Reads physician's electroencephalograph test requisition to determine which of a number of standards tests are to be performed; explains to patient the need for the examination and procedure involved in an effort to reduce or overcome possible anxiety or reluctance to cooperate.
- Determines locations to place electrodes on patient's head; marks locations on patient's head. Attaches electrodes to marked locations on patient's head; ensures that electrode leads are connected correctly; calibrates all electroencephalograph recording channels in accordance with standard procedure.
- Operates electroencephalograph equipment in accordance with training, experience, and standard procedure to produce tracings for analysis by a physician.
- Observes patient for undesired activity such as blinking of the eves or leg movement which may produce artifacts on the tracing and notates such activity on the tracing.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Completion of specialized vocational training in electroencephalography or related medical training, preferred
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
- Epilepsy Monitoring Unit experience preferred