This position is responsible for preparing food in accordance with established menus, recipes and sanitary standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of all food served in the facility.
- Assure adherence to menus, including those for special diets ordered.
- Provide input into development/revision of master menus and modified diet menus.
- Assure optimal quality, temperature and appearance of meals.
- Act in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, hazard-free work area.
- Assist with the purchase, storage and inventory of the food supply.
- Maintain knowledge of current nutritional practice.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes, required
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Experience with quantity food preparation, preferred
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements, preferred
This position will be working in a long term care/assisted living facility serving meals to 120 people for residents. This is a small kitchen and a small team. Meals are cooked home-made, not frozen. Meal plans vary each day and week. This position will help with all meals, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and also be a Leader for dietary staff during those meal times. This individual will also work directly with residents doing demonstrations and activities.
Organization: Lutheran Homes and Apartments, Arvada, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Arvada
Department: ECL-CLA-Nutrition Services
Shift: Evening Shift
Job Posting: 4/7/2017 11:00:34 PM
Job Number: 17002608