This position is responsible to help the end-user departments in conceptualizing, designing, implementing and supporting various applications and their integration with other applications. Gathers business-related requirements in order to design systems, enhancements, and perform required maintenance. Responsible for the configuration, testing, and documentation of workflows. May be assigned to various teams, including HIM Analytics or OnBase ECM teams.
TRAVEL: 10-15% to other SCL locations
Responsible for the configuration, testing, implementing, support, and documentation of various applications. Be able to participate and support an on-call schedule, based on department needs.
Analyze and document user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate or improve existing systems and review system capabilities, workflow, and scheduling limitations.
Document workflows, build activities, change management activities, end-user notifications, training information, status reporting in the appropriate systems in a timely manner.
Accountable for applying the principles, practices and discipline of systems analysis and application build, which include planning, analysis, design, development, testing, quality assurance, training and implementation for new systems and optimizations for existing ones.
Work with business owners to expand or modify system to serve new purposes, improve workflows, integrate with other systems to result in optimizations or innovation.
Recommends workflow and application changes for improved quality, safety or efficiency and works through the necessary governance structure for approvals.
Develops and monitors controls to ensure appropriate availability and data integrity within applications assigned.
Collaborates and monitors processes and works with vendor to ensure optimal quality and system performance
Develop, document, and revise system design procedures, test procedures, and quality standards.
Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration or Health Administration
- Master’s degree in Health Information Management, Computer Science, Data Science, Information Technology, Informatics, Business Administration or Health Administration
- Skilled in information systems used throughout the organization including database applications, word processing and spreadsheet software, and presentation applications, financial and contract
Certification, Registration, License:
- For OnBase team: Certified Administrator in OnBase (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- XML, JAVA Script and Visual Basic
- OnBase administrator certification
- ITIL certification
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Information Management systems, systems analysis, project management and management of operations and complex projects.
- Collibra software knowledge and experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements list must be representative of the knowledge, skills, minimum education, training, licensure, experience, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires specific knowledge and experience regarding application assigned
- Ability to develop strategic direction and vision
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups and to effectively persuade and lead toward consensus
- Ability to manage diverse teams and to foster accountability to create high performing teams
- Ability to lead through change