Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Lutheran Hospice is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Wheat Ridge, Colo. (estab. 1985)
- Provides comprehensive & compassionate end-of-life care
Services & Expertise
- Provides medical, emotional & spiritual care to patients & families
- Serves patients & families in their homes & other care settings
- Provides inpatient care for management of acute symptoms at our beautiful, freestanding Collier Hospice Center
- Offers ongoing bereavement support groups, counseling & resources for families, caregivers & community
- All physicians are Hospice & Palliative Care certified
- Accredited by The Joint Commission
Visit: www.lutheranmedicalcenter.org Description
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Minimum 1 year experience as an RN in a hospice environment, required
- Hospice admissions experience, preferred