Join our Heart and Vascular Team! We are looking for a Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant with a strong work ethic and positive attitude to join our Cardiothoracic Surgical Team!
Care Site Description
- FT Position with competitive compensation and full benefit package.
- Competitive salary with productivity incentives and loan repayment.
- At least 3 years Cardiovascular Surgical experience required.
- Assist in the coordination of care for cardiac patient population.
- Some call required.
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
- Independently assesses patient needs, analyses data and information, and formulates plans of care.
- Coordinates patient care and collaborates with Physicians in the delivery of care, demonstrating technical competencies in performing medical and surgical procedures within scope of practice, training and credentialing.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to medical emergencies.
- Documents assessment, intervention and response to care according to State and Federal guidelines, SVH and site specific policy and procedure; provides and documents patient education
- Documents and codes all services provided in accordance with regulatory requirements and national standards.
- Encourages and mentors support staff; giving and receiving constructive feedback and using feedback to enhance and improve performance.
- Assesses departmental processes and actively participates in system redesign.
- Adapts practice to meet the ever-changing needs of the healthcare system and approaches work with optimism and flexibility.
- Represents SVH in the community and encourages collaboration between community resources.
Program Management (Site Specific)
- Assists with the development of new and revised services, programs, and projects in conjunction with management.
- Leads planning, implementation, ongoing management, and evaluation efforts based upon the scope of the program/project.
- Develops and revises policies, procedures, and competencies as directed.
Staff Supervision (Site Specific)
- Supervises assigned staff and delegates appropriately, effectively communicating with staff and external resources.
- Coordinates and ensures efficient and effective operations. Assists manager with the hiring, coaching and evaluation of assigned staff.
Requirements are representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- Licensed as a Nurse Practitioner by the MT State Board of Nursing and certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing or American Academy of Family Nurse Practitioners; Prescriptive Authority by the Montana State Board of Nursing and DEA License
- Licensed as a Physician Assistant-Certified by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners; Prescriptive Authority by the MT State Board of Medical Examiners and DEA License
- Current BLS certification
- ACLS certification within 6 months of employment (site specific).
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position