St. Francis Health is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
Our multispecialty care community works together to pioneer inspired, innovative care in our mission to improve the health and lives of those we serve.
Administers quality physical therapy treatments to patients including but not limited to assisting with assessments, treatment and documentation as prescribed by the referring physician and established by the physical therapist.
- Provides physical therapy patient treatment programs or portions thereof planned and delegated by the Physical Therapist.
- Assists the Therapist in performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures.
- Carries out actual treatment procedures including exercise programs and the application of heat, cold light, whirlpool, sound, and massage modalities while observing established procedures and safety precautions.
- Trains patient in exercises, ambulation, and activities of daily living.
- Applies and cares for braces, prosthesis, and other assistive devices recommended for and used by patients during physical therapy activities.
- Maintains, operates and cares for therapy equipment.
- Completes all required documentation in a thorough and timely fashion.
- Educates family and patients regarding ability/disability and treatment programs and goals.
- Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Participates in continuing education program to ensure appropriate units are attained for maintenance of state license.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Performs related duties as assigned and requested.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.