Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: http://www.saintjosephdenver.org/ Description
LOCATION: 200 Exempla Circle, Lafayette, Colorado
Provide accurate, responsive, and efficient HR support to GSMC staff. Partners with leadership and associates of GSMC on a variety of human resource initiatives including employee relations, compensation and benefits, recruitment and retention, performance management, training and interpretation of HR policies and their applications. Consults with leadership in the strategic planning process and development of human resources strategies that support GSMC’s business needs. The Senior HR Generalist is under the direct supervision of the Human Resources Director.
- Promotes mission, vision and values of Good Samaritan Medical Center and SCL Health.
- Assists and advises management and associates on correct interpretation of current Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Maintains HR report card metrics for GSMC and provides an overview of data to the GSMC leadership and site HR leadership.
- Partners with site leadership team and site HR leadership to proactively identify workforce planning solutions and potential HR programs that will align with the strategic goals of the SCL Health and GSMC.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyzes data and provides summary of trends to GSMC leadership and site HR leadership.
- Assists with the on-boarding process of new associates.
- Provides information to leadership and associates regarding SCL Health compensation and benefit programs.
- Assists the Human Resources Director with conducting investigations and determining appropriate levels of corrective discipline as required.
- Works closely with AOHS and the Leave Management Team in the implementation and follow-up of leaves of absence, worker’s compensation, and ADA issues.
- Conducts Blue File Audits on a monthly basis to ensure compliance with regulatory standards and HR policy/procedures.
- Assists with annual HR initiatives such as Benefits Open Enrollment, Annual Performance Appraisals, Associate Engagement Surveys and Action Planning, etc.
- Assists with and maintains I-9 compliance.
- Assists in the creation and delivery of Leadership development programs.
- Assists leadership with HRIS issues.
- Actively participates on site-based committees such as safety huddle, continuous readiness, injury prevention, GSMC events committee, etc.
- Provides education and training to leadership regarding HR policies, procedures, performance management, recruiting and selection, and retention.
- Completes other duties, responsibilities and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field, or equivalent experience
- 4-5 years general Human Resources experience with a focus on employee relations.
- A solid level of knowledge is required in employee relations, employment law/labor law, staffing/recruiting, compensation, government regulations, performance management, benefits, payroll, worker’s compensation, FMLA, ADA and regulatory compliance.
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex, difficult and emotional issues
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent customer service skills