This is a PRN position, to help cover vacations and time off requests.
- The hours will vary, different days.
- Regular shift is 630am- 5pm Mon-SAT
- Pick up call after 5pm and Sundays
- Help cover weekends and holidays.
- Work about 2 shifts a month; amount can change; more hours as needed
In and Outpatient - mostly inpatient coverage
Cardiac Tests only
Work independentlyCare Site Description
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
This position is responsible for performing clinical assessment, uses cognitive sonographic skills to identify and record appropriate anatomic and pathological ultrasound images and maintaining a high degree of quality of those images.
- Performs ultrasonic diagnostic procedures of specified body areas by properly positioning patients and locating/scanning areas for interpretation as directed by the physician or radiologist.
- Explains procedures to patients and/or family members ensuring cooperation and optimum test results and to reduce anxiety.
- Analyzes sonograms, obtains a medical history and demonstrates excellent communication skills and self confidence when presenting this information to the radiologist.
- Prepares or cleans patient rooms by changing linens, stocking supplies, wiping off tables and cleaning equipment, ensuring an efficient and clean working environment.
- Assists physicians with such procedures as needle biopsies, amniocentesis, renal biopsies, etc. by scanning patient, marking patient’s body and determining angle of puncture as requested.
- Maintain patient information by purging or updating patient film jackets and/or filing reports or film files to ensure accurate patient records.
- Maintains ultrasound equipment by performing scheduled cleanings/tests and documents results. Contacts service personnel and notifies supervision of malfunctioning equipment.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Successful completion of a formal Ultrasound training program or equivalent training, required
- Current certification through the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred