Care Site Description
St. Mary's Medical Center in Grand Junction, Colorado is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Fast Facts about St. Mary's and Grand Junction
- Grand Junction , Colo. (estab. 1896) Population: 146,000
- Awe-inspring natural beauty and the dramatic red rock landscape of the Colorado National Monument
- 300+ days of sunshine
- Exhilarating outdoor adventures including hiking, camping, biking or skiing on the Grand Mesa
- Incredible whitewater rafting on the Colorado River
- Hundreds of miles of world-class mountain biking trails
- A charming downtown full of great shops, restaurants, art galleries, and more
- The heart of Colorado's wine country
- Close to world-famous destinations such as Moab, Utah, Telluride, Aspen, and Glenwood Springs
- Regional Medical Center serving western Colo. & eastern Utah
- 2,020 associates, 434 physicians
- 346 beds (310 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cardiac & Vascular Services
- Center for Brain & Spine Surgery
- Emergency Services
- Family Medicine Residency
- Level II Trauma Center with Pediatric Commitment
- Neonatal Intensive Care
- Orthopedics & Spine Center
- Primary Stroke Center
- Regional Blood Center
- Regional Cancer Center
- Surgical Specialties incl. minimally invasive & robotics
- Women's Health & Childbirth Services
For hospital information, Visit: www.stmarygj.org
For information on our community, Visit: www.visitgrandjunction.comDescription
Under the direction of the COO, the Director of Perioperative Services will provide the leadership for all clinical operations within Surgical Services and Central Sterile. Working in close partnership with the COO and the Director of Perioperative Strategy and Business Development, this position will assure alignment of vision and direction for Surgical Services.
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of Surgery and Central Sterile.
- Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and associate satisfaction and improved quality.
- Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient safety.
- Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified staff is available to meet patient care needs.
- Ensures that an organizational structure is developed, implemented and maintained which supports quality, efficient and safe patient care while enhancing patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures a program for initial and ongoing staff education is in place and providing quality services for all staff as defined within applicable and accepted professional standards.
- Actively works to develop and maintain good working relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the organization and staff.
- Responsible for oversight and validation of department budgets, maintaining financial accountability and working with the COO, CNO, CFO, Physician directors, OR Steering Committee and others to address areas of concern within financially and clinically driven performance reports.
Directly supervises approximately 10 FTE including: OR Manager, Perioperative Educator, Central Sterile Manager, Clinical Supervisor, Clinical Liaison. Indirectly supervises approximately 100 FTE.Qualifications
- BSN required; Masters highly preferred.
- Minimum of 4 years progressive supervisory/management experience to include Infection Prevention, safety programs and AORN standards
- Current Colorado or Compact State RN License.