This position is responsible for coordinating and providing supervision for nursing staff providing direct patient care. This position also assists in staff development.
- Supervise direct patient care delivery.
- Maintain ongoing communications with physicians concerning patient care.
- Assist the Nursing management to recruit and hire nursing staff.
- Provide supervision for assigned staff, including performance evaluations and problem solving.
- Coordinate staffing schedules to assure adequate coverage.
- Assure effective interactions with patients and families.
- Assure compliance with patient rights policies and work with other staff, as needed, to resolve grievances.
- Assist nursing personnel to act in compliance with corporate policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Monitor compliance with patient record documentation requirements, as directed.
- Act as a resource person for other staff.
- Schedule, conduct and document regular meetings with direct report staff to assure effective communication.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences and/or other meetings with other departments to assure satisfactory patient care.
- Actively participate in the quality improvement process for the facility.
- Participate in/provide in-service education sessions.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participate in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- Three years of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 11/23/2016 11:06:10 PM
Job Number: 16008234