Care Site Description
St. James Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.Fast Facts
Services & Expertise:
- Butte, Mont. (estab. 1881)
- The only full-service acute care facility in Butte and largest hospital serving a seven-county area
- 567 associates, 65 medical staff
- 98 beds (56 are staffed)
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Services
- Cardiac Services
- Inpatient & Outpatient Surgery
- Oncology Services
- Orthopedic Center of Excellence
- Women’s & Children Services
- St. James Medical Group
St. James Healthcare provides quality care close to home for the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
Visit: www.stjameshealthcare.org Description
Performs medical laboratory tests, procedures, and analyses to provide data for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease by performing the following duties.
- Ability to access, manage and update patient medical records through Hospital Electronic Medical Record Information System.
- Accurately and reproducibly conducts chemical analyses of body fluids such as blood, urine, and spinal fluid, to determine presence of normal and abnormal components.
- Identifies patients, collects, labels, transports and stores all lab specimens according to established policies.
- Calls panic values per established policy.
- Correlates and interprets test results and enters findings in computer.
- Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies.
- Performs quality control studies to ensure accuracy of clinical data.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on assigned instruments and equipment according to established schedule and procedure.
- Verifies instrument functioning by checking and calibrating specific lab instruments and documents data.
- Records on instrument logs any repairs, replacement, and maintenance needed of equipment.
- Demonstrates practices to keep all medical record information protected and confidential.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/IOP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four-year College or University; or a combination of education and training
- Clinical Education in school of CLS
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Certification by ASCP
- CLS and Montana Licensure within 6 months of hire